Massage increases circulation, stimulates the flow of lymph, relaxes and softens injured and overused muscles, Reduces spasms and cramping, increases joint flexibility, reduces recovery time, helps prepare for strenuous workouts and eliminates subsequent pains of the athlete at any level.
Bodywork also is known to releases endorphins – the body’s natural painkiller. It reduces post-surgery adhesions and edema and can be used to reduce and realign scar tissue after healing has occurred. Massage can improve range-of-motion, decreases discomfort for patients with low back pain, relieve pain for migraine sufferers and decreases the need for medication.
In an age of technical and, at times, impersonal medicine, massage offers a drug-free, non-invasive and humanistic approach based on the body’s natural ability to heal itself. So what exactly are the benefits to receiving regular massage and/or bodywork treatments?
• Increases circulation, allowing the body to pump more oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs.
• Stimulates the flow of lymph, the body’s natural defense system, against toxic invaders. For example, in breast cancer patients, massage has been shown to increase the cells that fight cancer.
• Increased circulation of blood and lymph systems improves the condition of the body’s largest organ – the skin.
• Relaxes and softens injured and overused muscles
• Reduces spasms and cramping
• Increases joint flexibility.
• Reduces recovery time, helps prepare for strenuous workouts and eliminates subsequent pains of the athlete at any level.
• Releases endorphins – the body’s natural painkiller – and is being used in chronic illness, injury and recovery from surgery to control and relieve pain.
• Reduces post-surgery adhesions and edema and can be used to reduce and realign scar tissue after healing has occurred.
• Improves range-of-motion and decreases discomfort for patients with low back pain.
• Relieves pain for migraine sufferers and decreases the need for medication.
• Provides exercise and stretching for atrophied muscles and reduces shortening of the muscles for those with restricted range of motion.
• Assists with shorter labor for expectant mothers, as well as less need for medication, less depression and anxiety, and shorter hospital stays.
Modalities available at Sun Spa
Swedish Massage: Traditional spa massage, focussing on long relaxing strokes with light to moderate pressure. Swedish massage uses five styles of long, flowing strokes to massage. The five basic strokes are effleurage (sliding or gliding), petrissage (kneading), tapotement (rhythmic tapping), friction (cross fiber) and vibration/shaking
Deep Tissue Massage: Deep tissue massage is designed to relieve severe tension in the muscle and the connective tissue or fascia. This type of massage focuses on the muscles located below the surface of the top muscles. Deep tissue work varies greatly, depending on injury, sensitivity, muscle soreness and other factors.
Ashiatsu Oriental Bar
Deepest, most luxurious massage on the planet! This barefoot massage technique uses deep compression effleurage strokes that glide over the body. Bars are used above the head for balance and lubricant is essential for its purest application. Ashiatsu combines flowing centrifugal and centripetal force and also incorporate push, pull, pumping effleurage movements. The results relieve symptoms of chronic soft tissue damage and in some cases when we’re lucky, a structural change.
Cranial Sacral Therapy: Light touch therapy, CST is a minimally invasive or intrusive approach to releasing or unwinding trauma in the body. It thereby supports the body’s individual healing process, by not exacerbating any previous trauma in the nervous system, or creating any additional stress.
Prenatal Massage Therapy- Massage is not only soothing for mom, but it also relieves many of the normal discomforts experienced during pregnancy, such as backaches, headaches, leg cramps, and hip discomfort. If you have been a long time client it is great to continue receiving massage throughout your whole pregnancy. We ask if you’re new to massage therapy, to please wait until your second trimester to start receiving bodywork.
We are very excited to announce our newest massage therapist Carolyn!
Carolyn is a very knowledgeable, licensed massage therapist with many years of experience. Schedule you appointment today!
I had been coming here to tan consistently for over 5 years. The entire staff was so gracious and kind. They treated me so good. I suggested my significant other to tan there as well. They have treated both of us extremely well and it is much appreciated.
Got my hair trimmed and highlights Jackie did a awesome job will be going back there again
Super helpful, friendly, and knowledgeable! The salon is gorgeous, will definitely be a return customer!!
Lacey has been my go to stylist for almost 13 years now. Always does amazing 💜🖤
I love this place. Everyone is so nice and the customer service is excellent. I highly recommend this tanning salon
I have seen Aggie for all my hair care needs for the last 14 years. I find Aggie to be attentive and professional. Her station is always clean and organized. There is never a feeling of being rushed as she schedules ample time per client. She listens to my ideas and offers professional suggestions for styles and hair products. She has highlighted my hair for years and most recently applied wavy perms. My hair continues to be soft and healthy. I 100 percent recommend Aggie for all your hair care needs
I am in the beauty industry and I LOVE using Beth and her team for all of my beauty needs! Beth runs her business very fair, professional and with excellent customer service! Everyone I have referred to SunSpa has loved their experience as well!
Relaxing environment clean friendly very professional the only place ill go for waxing lashes and hair
I walked in to get a spray tan yesterday afternoon and Courtney & Ashley got me in right away! The color is amazing & no spray tan spell
Very friendly!! I would recommend this place to anyone looking!! The owner is the BEST!! Won’t go anywhere else and will recommend her to all of my friends. ❤️❤️❤️❤️