Massage increases circulation, stimulates the flow of lymph, relaxes and softens injured and overused muscles, Reduces spasms and cramping, increases joint flexibility, reduces recovery time, helps prepare for strenuous workouts and eliminates subsequent pains of the athlete at any level.
Bodywork also is known to releases endorphins – the body’s natural painkiller. It reduces post-surgery adhesions and edema and can be used to reduce and realign scar tissue after healing has occurred. Massage can improve range-of-motion, decreases discomfort for patients with low back pain, relieve pain for migraine sufferers and decreases the need for medication.
In an age of technical and, at times, impersonal medicine, massage offers a drug-free, non-invasive and humanistic approach based on the body’s natural ability to heal itself. So what exactly are the benefits to receiving regular massage and/or bodywork treatments?
• Increases circulation, allowing the body to pump more oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs.
• Stimulates the flow of lymph, the body’s natural defense system, against toxic invaders. For example, in breast cancer patients, massage has been shown to increase the cells that fight cancer.
• Increased circulation of blood and lymph systems improves the condition of the body’s largest organ – the skin.
• Relaxes and softens injured and overused muscles
• Reduces spasms and cramping
• Increases joint flexibility.
• Reduces recovery time, helps prepare for strenuous workouts and eliminates subsequent pains of the athlete at any level.
• Releases endorphins – the body’s natural painkiller – and is being used in chronic illness, injury and recovery from surgery to control and relieve pain.
• Reduces post-surgery adhesions and edema and can be used to reduce and realign scar tissue after healing has occurred.
• Improves range-of-motion and decreases discomfort for patients with low back pain.
• Relieves pain for migraine sufferers and decreases the need for medication.
• Provides exercise and stretching for atrophied muscles and reduces shortening of the muscles for those with restricted range of motion.
• Assists with shorter labor for expectant mothers, as well as less need for medication, less depression and anxiety, and shorter hospital stays.
Modalities available at Sun Spa
Swedish Massage: Traditional spa massage, focussing on long relaxing strokes with light to moderate pressure. Swedish massage uses five styles of long, flowing strokes to massage. The five basic strokes are effleurage (sliding or gliding), petrissage (kneading), tapotement (rhythmic tapping), friction (cross fiber) and vibration/shaking
Deep Tissue Massage: Deep tissue massage is designed to relieve severe tension in the muscle and the connective tissue or fascia. This type of massage focuses on the muscles located below the surface of the top muscles. Deep tissue work varies greatly, depending on injury, sensitivity, muscle soreness and other factors.
Ashiatsu Oriental Bar
Deepest, most luxurious massage on the planet! This barefoot massage technique uses deep compression effleurage strokes that glide over the body. Bars are used above the head for balance and lubricant is essential for its purest application. Ashiatsu combines flowing centrifugal and centripetal force and also incorporate push, pull, pumping effleurage movements. The results relieve symptoms of chronic soft tissue damage and in some cases when we’re lucky, a structural change.
Cranial Sacral Therapy: Light touch therapy, CST is a minimally invasive or intrusive approach to releasing or unwinding trauma in the body. It thereby supports the body’s individual healing process, by not exacerbating any previous trauma in the nervous system, or creating any additional stress.
Prenatal Massage Therapy- Massage is not only soothing for mom, but it also relieves many of the normal discomforts experienced during pregnancy, such as backaches, headaches, leg cramps, and hip discomfort. If you have been a long time client it is great to continue receiving massage throughout your whole pregnancy. We ask if you’re new to massage therapy, to please wait until your second trimester to start receiving bodywork.
We are very excited to announce our newest massage therapist Carolyn!
Carolyn is a very knowledgeable, licensed massage therapist with many years of experience. Schedule you appointment today!
Awesome! Staff is friendly, patient and very knowledgeable. Could have sold me the most package and I would have go e for it because I had no idea, she asked me what I needed and gave me the best for me!
I love the staff there and have been going for years. They are always very nice and now what bed and what my routine is. They are always happy and there music is always on point with my kinda day im having. Courtney is also great and does manage that place well!
Really had a good experience here with a spray tan. Would highly recommend!
I am in the beauty industry and I LOVE using Beth and her team for all of my beauty needs! Beth runs her business very fair, professional and with excellent customer service! Everyone I have referred to SunSpa has loved their experience as well!
Place is super clean, priced fairly, and has great staff.
Relaxing environment clean friendly very professional the only place ill go for waxing lashes and hair
Nice beds, very clean but parking can sometimes be a challenge.
The facials are incredible, the massages are to die for , the tanning beds are top notch , the staff is amazing and knowledgeable, the hair stylist are wonderful. This place has it all ! Highly recommend!!!
Aggie is beyond awesome and a professional hair artist. Her experienced artistry with color ensures a perfect, personal experience every visit. Thank you Aggie for making me glamorous! Julie's facials are extraordinary! Her knowledge & experience has been a game changer for my overall skin health. Thanks Julie for getting me on track for anti-aging process. I underestimated the benefits of facials. Julie is the best!
I love this place. Everyone is so nice and the customer service is excellent. I highly recommend this tanning salon